Wednesday 25 December 2013

Noel en Belgique (Christmas in Belgium)

Today is the 25th of December and for most of the world that means only one thing. Christmas or other Holiday that is celebrated around this time. This is my first Christmas away from my family, and it really just is not the same without them. Here in Belgium its 10 degrees Celsius and has been poring rain down for the last few days.

Yesterday was Christmas with my host moms side of the family. One of the traditions in the city is to go down to the local church where they have a little Christmas mass with a choir and little dramatic skits. When we got there i found out that most of my host cousins were taking part in it, which was cool to see what they were up to since I had seen them last.

After this we went back to the Aunt's house for dinner and a gift exchange. This year of Christmas i got underwear and a book for Christmas, this would be every 10-year-old's nightmare, but i really needed more cloths and the book is in English and French and is written for young children, so its only a little bit of a challenge for me to read. Over all this Christmas abroad was very different then my normal Christmases back in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment