Tuesday 15 October 2013

My First Belgian Football match

so Football season started on Friday. I went to see what i thought would be a nice friendly game to start off the preseason. It was everything except that, and i have never had so much fun...except for the minor hypothermia.
Armed with my new red devils jersey that i had gotten a few weeks prior and some poorly self applied face paint i was ready to charge into the streets and jump up and down with the rest of the club supporters. After the game had finished in a 2-1 win for the devils the craziness continued. And continued... and continued. When it was time for me to go on my bus back home i noticed all these people in the square jumping on cars and chanting (your basic Friday night here in Belgium), but the weird part was the cops were a few meters away from them, in there patrol cars. blaring theirs horns like every other car on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment